Date(s) - 05/20/2020
Join Family Services and other local area organizations on May 20th for #HVGives. #HVGives is a 24-hour special day of giving that unites your favorite local nonprofits in one common goal: To Give Where You Live. In these unprecedented times, your support to our community is vitally important and needed now more than ever.
At Family Services, we are committed to providing essential, life-saving services that helps strengthen our community, even through these difficult times. With multiple programs throughout Dutchess, Ulster and Orange Counties, we recognize that the needs of our children, adults and families do not stop in the midst of a crisis. In fact, with increased risks of domestic violence and child abuses, and increased needs for mental health access, your gift on #HVGives Day will contribute invaluable support during an uncertain time. With your help, we are able to continue:
- Increasing behavioral health support. Our counselors and medical staff are providing support remotely and taking new clients in order to help people find support through these new challenges.
- Assisting those experiencing violence and trauma. In periods of extreme stress, communities see an increase in violence that thrives in secrecy and isolation: domestic abuse, child abuse, sexual assault and elder abuse. Our advocates are available 24/7 to provide support, resources and options.
- Preventing child abuse by working with families that are facing new obstacles as they meet the roles of both caregiver and teacher while working from home or even facing job loss. Our Family Educators are there to help families at increased risk by developing nurturing parenting skills.
- Providing free virtual training opportunities. Every Monday and Wednesday beginning at noon on GoToMeeting, our nonprofit professionals are offering their expertise on a variety of topics including: Trauma Informed Environments, Current Drug Trends, Diversity and Inclusion, Adverse Childhood Experiences (ACEs), and more. For our current training calendar or learn more information, click here.
- Keeping our community informed by distributing information, resources and updates through our website, Facebook and Instagram.