A Note from Our CEO
Enhanced Parenting Time Program in Ulster County
by Brian Doyle
I am thrilled that we are undertaking a new initiative in Ulster County that will further our work in strengthening families and ensuring closer ties between parents and their children.
The Impact of the COVID-19 Pandemic on Domestic Violence
by Casey Hons, Vice President for Operations
- 10 million people a year are physically abused by an intimate partner.
- Intimate partner violence accounts for 15% of all violent crimes.
- 1 in 4 women and 1 in 10 men have experienced intimate partner violence, sexual violence, physical violence, and/or stalking during their lifetime.
- On a typical day, more than 20,000 phone calls are placed to domestic violence hotlines nationwide.
- 1 in 15 children are exposed to intimate partner violence each year, with 90% of these children being eyewitnesses to this violence.
UPC Offers New Substance Use Prevention Program for Adolescents
by Cheryl DePaolo, Program Director of Ulster Prevention Council
Sexual Violence Prevention: A Safer Hudson Valley
by April Bourlier, Sexual Violence Prevention Regional Coordinator
A Look Back
Family of the Year 2021
Teen Resource Activity Center Summer Basketball League
Celebrating 33 Years of Service
Happy Retirement Mary Turner
Join Our Family Tree
By joining our Family Tree, you are supporting our vision of stronger, safer communities where our neighbors have access to critical resources when they need it most.
Support Family Services when you shop online
Family Services’ 2021 Leadership Partner