Due to the impact of COVID-19, After The Bell looks a little different right now. For the fall months, Family Services is offering in-person drop-in programming Monday through Friday 3:00pm-6:00pm for elementary youth who attend the Poughkeepsie City School District at the Family Partnership Center. To learn more about our in-person programming, contact Curtiz Simpson by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 845-743-0034. All participants must complete an application in advance. (See the After The Bell Registration Form on the side bar).
We emphasize the safety, health, and well-being of children by providing a secure environment and mentoring relationships with trained adult youth workers. Using project-based learning, children are engaged in a variety of developmentally appropriate activities that serve to enhance their academic, life, and social skills. The program serves youth ages 5-12 in the City of Poughkeepsie School District during the critical hours that follow dismissal throughout the school year and for full days during the summer months.
Our After The Bell Programs Offer:
- Homework Assistance on homework and program projects that are tied in to their current academic day
- Cultural Exploration including ethnic celebrations and cultural origin activities
- Creative Arts including self-expression through media, drama and visual arts
- Healthy Living Workshops through collaboration with other organizations to provide workshops on nutrition, bullying and violence prevention, and substance use disorder prevention
- Service Learning though community service projects designed and implemented by youth
- Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math education (STEM): LEGO robotics and science activities
- Family Nights that include arts and crafts, games, parent workshops, and family recreation
- Parent Activities and In-services including workshops: Internet Safety, Parent/child conflict resolution, middle school transitioning
The After The Bell Program also offers a Summer Enrichment Program between the months of July and August.