TRAC provides supervision and invaluable mentoring to Poughkeepsie youth. Young people come after school to participate in the TRAC Panthers Basketball team, JB’s House of Music, to get help with homework, and to relax with friends. The Center serves as a support system for local teens.
TRAC activities include:
- Physical activity — Each day, participants engage in either basketball or baseball
- Work readiness training — During the Summer Youth Employment Program, youth
learn work readiness skills and secure job placements over the course of 8 weeks.
- Healthy living workshops — Each year, TRAC collaborates with other organizations to provide workshops on nutrition, financial literacy, and STD and teen pregnancy
- A Nutritious Meal is served each day
- Homework Assistance
New to TRAC this year:
Poughkeepsie Youth Theatre
Poughkeepsie Youth Theatre (PYT) welcomes young people interested in creating and presenting original, collaborative theatre. Youth who participate in this free after school program have the opportunity to work alongside professional theater practitioners and Vassar College drama majors.
- Theatre games and Improvisation
- Scene building
- Rehearsal, Discussion, and Reflection